Friday, June 13, 2014

Chick Update, June 12, 2014


My 6 year old laptop died and it has been a bit of a learning curve for me to figure out how to update our blog using my iPad. But I think I'm back.  

At this stage of the colony the pictures seem to speak for themselves. Lots of chicks to be seen and new ones appearing everyday.  

Marlene shared this skimmer and chick photo taken through her scope using her phone (a skill I have not yet mastered!)...

Here are more chick pics from Jen...




I have been putting in some extra Grandma World hours and only got to the colony once this week. But I think our birds knew I was there because I saw skimmer, common tern, and oystercatcher chicks in the 15 minutes I was there yesterday. 




There's a full moon tonight and the view should be great throughout the weekend. Hope to see you at the beach looking through your binoculars with a big smile on your face as you meet our babies:)














No comments:

Post a Comment